Sunday, July 24, 2011

NFL: Greediness

Ask me, "How much would you play professional baseball for?"

My answer would be, "Whatever is needed to live in a 200,000 home with security, buy a few cars, pay my bills, and support my wife and kids."

I hardly doubt that lifestyle means millions of dollars.  FOR SOMETHING YOU LOVE TO DO.  

The greed that the NFL owners and the players have is RIDICULOUS. They already get a bunch of AWESOME perks that us simple folks don't get.  But my BLAME is more on the PLAYERS.  The good athletes have endorsements to piling on even more ridiclous cash in their pockets.  The worst players of the NFL still make more money than a person would need to live a satisfying life.

A few weeks back, I read what was suppose to be a "depressing" story about an offensive lineman who makes league minimum, had to get a job in construction this summer to help support his family.

Oh yeah...know what his contract was?  Over $300,000 a year.

I don't feel so bad now.  That's his fault for not saving his money knowing a lockout was possible OR just being dumb for not knowing you should put money into savings, especially when you make league minimum.  Because when you make LEAGUE MINIMUM, it means you aren't that good and may not make a football team the following year.

Pay all these greedy players ONE million dollars a year.  Let the GOOD players get endorsements.  If ONE million dollars isn't enough, then during the off season,  GET A REAL JOB .

As for the rest of the money?  Put it into the schools, inner cities, charities, house the homeless, feed the poor, big bigger stadiums (if needed) so more fans can go to games (and for cheaper prices).....

And to think TEACHERS are the problems.

1 comment:

  1. Good information here. I really enjoy reading them every day. I've learned a lot from them.Private tutor Westport Thanks so much for sharing this information. Greatly help me being a newbie.

    ReplyDelete